One Monk of the Order of Saint Benedict

+ + +

The Word of God and the Body of God reveal each other -- the homily worships both.

April 01, 2007

For Palm Sunday


Crucify him! Crucify him!

Be crucified, Lord Jesus Christ!
Die for me!

A man agrees that death shall be the penalty
if he sins against any covenant he has chosen to enter.

Instead,
by virtue of the New and Everlasting Covenant in your Blood,
you, O Lord, have sworn to die for my sins against you.

That is infinitely unfitting.
Of that I am wholly unworthy.

Yet, you have given your word.
So it has come to pass.

In daring to eat your Body and drink your Blood,
I am sworn to live for you and to die for you.

Take my life,
as I now take yours!

Be crucified, Lord Jesus Christ!
Die for me!

UT IN OMNIBUS GLORIFICETUR DEUS
That God Be Glorified in All







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home